Currently In Stock
4 Matches Found
Rolex Explorer II 16570
- Year Approx. 1996
|Papers:||No||The original warranty certification issued with a watch.|
|Watchfinder warranty:||24 months||This watch is covered by our full 24 month warranty, giving you a full two years of peace of mind.|
|Case size:||40 MM|
|Movement:||Automatic||A mechanical watch is powered by a spring. Manual mechanical watches must be hand wound. Automatic watches are also mechanical, and are wound by a weight that spins with the wearer's movements. A quartz watch is battery powered and extremely accurate.|
|Bracelet material:||Steel (Oyster)|
|Water resistance:||100 metres|
|Location:||Call to view||Call +44 (0) 844 247 8884 to view at one of our locations. You will need to bring photographic ID in order to view this watch.|
Originally designed in 1971 for the admittedly niche market of cave explorers, the Rolex Explorer II was later updated to fit the aesthetic codes of the brand's other sports watch families. The watch builds on the heritage of the legendary Explorer I, which has always been a firm favourite among enthusiasts—the watch was first established in the public mind after its pioneering ascent of Everest on the expedition of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. Today the Explorer II deviates in some ways from the original look, but it continues to represent an exceptional, hardy, modernised tool watch with a top-of-the-range in-house movement and a design that does justice to its legacy in both sports and adventure.
This Rolex has undergone a thorough inspection of water resistance, accuracy, functionality and condition to determine the level of reconditioning required to meet our strict standards. It has also been referenced against technical documents and manufacturer records where available to ensure authenticity and a clean history. All our watches have a 24-month warranty for your peace of mind.
Expertly Prepared By Watchfinder
It’s more than the work of a moment to make a watch ready for Watchfinder. Find out just how much goes on behind the scenes to prepare your next watch for you.Discover more
Discover more about selling your watch
Selling your watch to Watchfinder couldn't be more simple and straightforward. We offer highly competitive quotes, as well as a quick and hassle-free service.Get Started
The Watch Magazine
Simply fill in your details below and one of our expert team members will be in touch. Online forms not for you? No worries. Give us a call instead on +44 (0) 844 247 8884 for any enquiries.
To get an approximate idea of what a watch will look like on you, you’ll need to measure your wrist. Using a ruler, measure the distance from one side of your wrist to the other in centimetres as shown in the illustration.
A vintage timepiece is a slice of history that you can wear on your wrist, preserving the past for future generations. Vintage watches all have a story to tell—why not add your own chapter?
This watch is covered by our full 24 month warranty, giving you a full two years of peace of mind.
The watchmakers in our manufacturer-certified service centre are equipped with the knowledge and experience to ensure that every single watch is genuine. Nothing is left to chance, with watches being inspected at high magnification both outside and in.
The premium pre-owned watch experience starts with us. Find out how we authenticate, inspect, restore and service every item.
- This watch has not been worn and has no signs of wear & tear
- Manufacturer stickers and seals may be present
- Minimal signs of wear & tear, with only very faint handling marks to the case and bracelet, no dents
- May have been lightly polished
- Crystal has no imperfections or chips
- Few signs of wear & tear, with light scratches to the case and bracelet and no visible dents
- May have been lightly polished
- Crystal has no chips, but may have a minor imperfection
- Has some age-related wear, with minor scratches or small dents to the case & strap possible
- Is likely to have been polished
- Crystal may have a small chip or imperfection
- Has significant age-related wear with obvious scratches and dents
- Has been polished to bring to best possible standard
- Crystal is chipped in multiple locations and/or has other imperfections
- This watch is an older model and due to its age, we may not have polished it to retain its original characteristics as far as possible. Work may have been carried out by previous owners.
Found a watch cheaper elsewhere? Tell us about it and we’ll beat it.*
*Please view our Terms and conditions for further information
We have hand selected a network of authorised distributors who are as passionate about watches as we are. If you would like us to assist you in finding this watch please enter your details below.
Please fill in your details below to make an offer on this Rolex Explorer II 16570 and we'll be in touch.